Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring ~ Is It Really Here Yet?

 
 
Today is Easter ~ the day of our risen Savior.  Because he rose from the grave, we have a future, a promise, a hope.  It is by far one of my most favorite holidays of the year.  It symbolizes hope, spirits renewed and new life.  Without his death and resurrection we have no hope, we have nothing.  Thank you, Lord, for sending your son to die for us so that we may have everlasting life with you in your heavenly home.
 
With the start of spring, comes many things to do.  Spring cleaning, a turn towards the end of the school year, cold weather passing away for a while and the sound of kiddos out to play.  This year is so different for us.  I have stress beyond belief.  Chad got a dream job working in Sports Medicine for Homeland Security in my home of Charleston, South Carolina.  The pay is greatly increased and it is a job with less travel and more time at home with our family.  I had given up hope that we would ever make it back there, but I can now almost touch it.  Our house has been on the market for almost six months now.  Many showings but nobody qualifies to buy.  It is discouraging.  My family is separated, my children are growing up without daddy looking on daily, and I just don't know what else needs to happen to sell this house.  Sometimes I wonder why God puts something in front of us and makes us wait.  Is it to teach us patience?  Is it to teach us to trust in him completely and fully?  I just don't know and I want more than anything for my family to be whole again.
 
Today, I take our Blue Point Himalayan Persian cat to get her semi-annual "Lion Cut".  Yes, look it up and you will laugh.  It is the ridiculous photo of cats that you see where there is only fur left on their heads, tip of the tail and paws.  Otherwise she is shaved down.  I have to say she is more friendly like this and our house is more allergen free.  LuLu, our Basset Hound, will tag along for a nail trim.  I might be tough when needed but cutting a 100 lb. sometimes not so pleasant female Bassett's nails is not my favorite job on the face of the planet.  Again, a time for renewal.  My vacuum will appreciate the lack of Persian fur being sucked up daily.
 
So, I guess the purpose of this blog is to say that life moves on with or without us.  Please pray for my family.  Pray for our home to sell that we can be together again, hopefully and with all my heart before the beginning of school next year.  If you had told me in November that being here through the summer was a possibility I would just laugh.  Now I just pray it doesn't happen.
 
Happy Spring to each of you.  May this new season bring change and positive renewal for each of us.
 
Love and prayers,
 
Kelli
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment