Monday, December 27, 2010

Oh Monday ~ You Strike Yet Again ......

So, it is Monday after a long holiday weekend and I have to admit that although I dreaded the day, it has gotten off to a pretty good start.  Sierra said on Sunday morning that our Christmas tree was useless here in the living room, since Christmas was over.  I feel like such an "adult" because I have to admit that I am a little glad that all the prep and chaos leading up to the big day is now settling down.  Chad flew out this morning from Kansas City headed to Baltimore and then to Boston for a Women's Basketball Tournament at Dartmouth.  Due to the weather I believe he might get to know the Baltimore Airport very well, since he will probably most definitely be delayed there for quite a while.  This will be his longest trip so far this year ... leaving on Monday and coming home on Sunday.  Celebrating New Year's will be sans Daddy for the monsters ~ by the end of the trip Connor might be speaking even more as he converses with Chad over the phone.

Speaking of Connor, his speech has improved leaps and bounds in the last few months.  Stonehouse and their program is doing wonders for him.  He loves going to "school" and his teachers and staff there are nothing short of amazing.  I am so glad that we were guided in the right direction to test for autism so early ~ at this rate they feel like he might be capable of mainstreaming into a regular kindergarten classroom, and what a blessing that would be.  It was only a few months back when we were begging and hoping that he would use 2 and 3 word phrase; now, at times, we are begging he would hush for just a bit.  He has absolutely no problem voicing his opinion and we are working to stop his favorite phrase of "Oh, My God" since he likes to use it very frequently.  "Oh, My Goodness" obviously doesn't have the same ring for Connor boy, as he continues to be blasphemous on a daily basis.  Can't win 'em all, I suppose.

So, the dishwasher is going, washing machine about to start and cleaning up behind kiddos makes this Monday just like most of the rest.  However, I realize that our family is so blessed to be surrounded by loving family and wonderful new friends that we have made here in Kansas.  As we approach the New Year I am pleased and so happy at where we have come.  Our Catholicism journey is in full swing with classes starting back after the holiday break, our children are healthy & life is overall good to each of us.  I can't lie and say that I am the most pleasant person all the time, but I try a little harder each day.  OK, I should be honest and admit that I try a little harder as often as I can.  Those who know me well understand that the whole cup half full philosophy just isn't my thing.  Don't know that it ever will be, but you have to admit that at least I am honest, even with my cup a little below the half empty line.

Much love to all of you ~ have a wonderful week, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Kelli,

    It sounds like things went well for all of you during the Christmas season. I am so glad. Let us see some Christmas pictures.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete