Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Falling Down ~ The Stairs of Course.

So, to make a Tuesday an even more special day of the week you must definitely start your evening like mine by falling down your porch stairs while hanging onto a 16 month old child.  Just let me tell you how exciting that is.  While holding onto Henry's hand so that he didn't fall, somehow as he took off I wasn't ready for him to attempt to take two steps at once and we did quite the acrobatic tumble.  I pulled him hard into me, but the side of his head scraped the wood and left a mark.  I am hoping that it won't turn funky colors or anything ~ his parents might decide that bringing their child home with bruising and goose eggs isn't quite an ideal thing.

As I was so worried about Henry, I looked down and realized that my foot was bleeding like crazy.  And of course, nobody was home except myself and the rugrats.  I got the two daycare children, Katelynn & Henry, straight and did exactly what your momma always told you not to.  I am sorry to say, but yes, I broke the cardinal rule and bled on the carpet.  Don't y'all remember that from being a kid .... unless your leg is falling off you better not bleed on my carpet.  lol.  Funny how that went through my mind as I was coming inside to figure out what was bleeding and where.

Ended up being a cut beneath my pinky toe ~ in that great part of skin that is barely enough to be there anyway.  Chad came home to use his Master's Degree in Sports Medicine to tell me that 1) I was not going to die & 2) be still so he could look at it.  We decided to try and use our magical healing powers here at home for a few days via Neosporin and bandaids.  If that doesn't work, we will have to take the oh so favorite route of a Tetanus shot and possibly stitches.  Boy oh boy, what is a girl to do?


At the end of it all, I can't help but wonder if a Hello Kitty Band Aid would have much more healing power as opposed to this regular one?   If I can hobble into a drugstore tomorrow I might have to go on the hunt for something a little cuter with more positive vibes ~ Hello Kitty or maybe Strawberry Shortcake.  You just can't go wrong with either of those :).

Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment