Friday, October 22, 2010

Garage Sale Blues

So, I say Garage Sale Blues because tomorrow morning I am hoping for blue skys and nice weather.  However, my not so favorite weather guy at the moment is predicting a 30% chance of rain. I will hope that the other 70% of sunshine hangs over our home, if only from 6:30 am - 2:00 pm that is.

Chad will not be here to help with this lovely sale, that for the record, was not my idea.  Sierra and her friend Bernadette can't wait for this, although I fear that I just might be doing most of the work.  Ok, really, we all know that I will be doing most of the work.  Two 14 year old girls tend to space out at certain times.  That isn't a bad thing, just the truth.  We were all teens and if you are currently raising one then you know why your mother kept saying she couldn't wait until your kids were teenagers.  Guess that the laugh is on us while they are teens, and I fully intend to tell mine the same thing and sit back and watch when my grandchildren drive their parents nutty like I feel like I already am.  But back to the glorious yard sale ~ they couldn't just make it a garage sale ~ oh no, it has to be a garage/bake sale.  Chad asked what are we going to bake?  Is that a trick questions?  They are going to bake that $45 dollars worth of cookie batter in tubs that I bought as a fundraiser for the Women's Choir at Manhattan High School.  I didn't spend that money for nothing ~ Sierra better push cookies like crazy so that I can at least recoop a little of the profit loss.  $45 for 3 tubs of cookies ~ only a parent with a kid doing fundraisers would buy that.  Well, that or a parent who knows their child will be fundraising soon, so they buy from you in hopes that you will return the favor and help their child out as well.

I tried to glamorize the posting of the garage sale, but we all know the reality of every yard sale.  A way to get rid of stuff that we need out of our homes and make a little moolah at the same time.  I am hoping that as it makes it's way out the door it will not see my home again, unless I mess up and buy it all over again at someone else's glamorized sale. 

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers for the sale ~ really, that isn't a joke.  One 34 year old woman running a garage sale with two 14 year old girls and 3 1/2 year old twins crying at everything that walks out of the yard is probably not going to make for a most fabulous Saturday.  Only good thing is the logistics and planning on my part.  Garage sale ends at 2 which is typically nap time for Monster 1 & 2, more commonly known as Connor & Riley, and I think I will let Sierra and Berna clean up while I take a nap of my own. 

So, if anyone needs a double stroller, or coffe maker, or 4,000 dvds that Chad had to have but never watches, Dance Dance Revolution, toddler clothing or a 90 lb Basset Hound commonly referred to as LuLu just stop on by.  Oops, did I say out loud that I would sell LuLu .... let's fix that .... I will give her away, but only if you can get her lazy self to actually waddle to your car and then find a magic way to heave herself into your backseat.  And please, no matter what, don't tell Chad about the giving away of his wifey.  He talks nicer to her than he does to me most of the time, so if she left him he might not know what to do.  Iif you don't tell, then neither will I and LuLu definitely won't say a word, because at this point in her life she is almost too lazy to bark :).






Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment