Sunday, October 24, 2010

Look Mom ~ No More Cribs


Ok ~ so, for those of you that know me, know that I have kept my little monsters contained to their cribs for as long as possible.  At first it was the simple thing to do, then it just lingered on, then I was scared of them not being babies and moving into a big kid bed, and finally Connor outsmarted me and began climbing in and out like a monkey and so I put in the very back of my mind that the time to make the move was near.  Of course, I didn't make the move at that point, just thought about it.  Yesterday the plunge was taken and the cribs are no more ~ not sure how I feel at this point.  Who am I kidding ~ I hate the fact that they are too big for cribs and as they were taken down and moved out of the home I cried like what I want them to stay .... a baby.



One of the cribs went to a young couple trying for a baby, but the second went to a couple from India that are grad students here at Kansas State and they were absolutely as sweet as they could be.  If I had to choose who would have gotten the crib, it couldn't have been a sweeter two.  Their little boy is due in December and I told them if they need anything to give me a call ... or send me a photo of their little man in the crib ... can we say attachment issues?  Anyway, change is here and I suppose I will figure out how to handle it.

We have decided for the time being to put the two of them back together in a full size bed.  The reason being, they will end up together anyway.  I know bedtime is going to come a little earlier for a while, because they wrestle and play and giggle in the bed at first just like little kids ~ I guess that is because they are. 



As mothers we all say that our children will always be our babies ~ in our hearts, that is.  Maybe someone should tell my head that for the next few weeks as we adapt from cribs to the bed ~ this Mom is really going to have a hard time listening to her heart as her body puts her babies night night into their big kid bed.

Have a great Sunday, y'all ~ where has the weekend gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment